Posts Tagged printing
The USPS Asked In a Sustainability Campaign,
“How Green is Your Mail?”
- Manage Ink: When designing your mailpiece, choose fewer colors and less ink coverage/usage. This reduces chemicals used during the printing process.
- Think TransPromo: Create a document that combines transactional printing (think statement or invoice) with a marketing piece – all in one document and one envelope. In fact, USPS will have a 2015 promotion encouraging the use of TransPromo marketing.
- Paper Usage: Use a smaller font and/or decrease the margins in order to keep to a single page document. Can’t do it? Default to printing both sides (duplex). Going duplex can save you up to 50% on paper costs while serving the environment as well.
- Sourcing Paper: Choose paper stocks that come from managed forests. The Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) certification supports responsible forestry; forests are audited for best practices and must meet strict guidelines. As well, this sends a clear message to your customers that you care about forests.
- Utilize Print on Demand: This concept has been around for years and centers on printing only what you need/when you need it. This eliminates waste caused by document obsolescence. As well, you could select a printer at or near your point of consumption, reducing or eliminating transportation costs.
- Mailing Lists: Updating your mailing list may be a challenge, but the cost savings and environmental impact is significant. It is estimated that 15% – 20% of individuals and businesses move each year. Reduce waste and eliminate the printing and postage costs of mail that is non-deliverable.
Has your organization implemented green initiatives in their mailing practices? What outcomes did you experience? We’d love to hear your stories!
Add a Splash of Color!
Strahm Automation invites you to join us on Friday, November 7th from
3–6pm at our open house. We are proudly introducing our new Océ ColorStream 3500 Inkjet printer!
The newest addition to our production facility provides sharp, full color CMYK printing, even printing duplex simultaneously. This high speed printer can produce up to 1,000 letter size sheets per minute. Add to that the ability to perf – both horizontal and vertical – and trim in line.
What can’t this workhorse do? We think our customers will love the new Océ 3500 as much as we do!
So come by November 7th, add a splash of color and something sweet to your day. We will be holding the open house from 3–6pm. Just follow the balloons at 17th and Broadway.
Strahm Automation & Mailing Services
1700 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64108